Thursday, May 21, 2020

Book Review: "Adventures of a Psychic Nurse: Spirits Everywhere!" by Shirley Smolko the Venetian Medium.




Hello All,

Today I'll be posting something a little different from my usual fair of spiritual wisdom. As impartial as I can get from a friend of mine and previous facilitator over at The Spirit University (a secular school for psychics, mediums, & healers) here in Sarasota, FL. 

She's known as the Venetian Medium here locally based out of Venice, FL. also in Sarasota county. Her name being the dear "Shirley Smolko" which I've had the privilege of being in many of her classes at the Spirit University for about a year's time. Besides encountering her talents at many of the school onsite and offsite psychic faires. 

Recently I learned that she has published a book back in February of this year her first autobiographical text. With plans to write a 2nd one or so says the Epilogue regarding "Just a Thought Away: Communicating With Loved Ones in Spirit". Her husband "Joe Smolko" a former school English teacher is her editor for this text and no doubt for the subsequent volume. 




My first impressions upon receiving this print on demand text in paperback on my own dime from Amazon. This is an unsolicited book review on my part aside from knowing Shirley in real life on my end of things. 

The feel of the paperback cover feels almost like velour with a nice soft texture which caught me off-guard at first. Of the eleven chapters to this small book of about 141 pages of content. 

*(Actually the book ended at 142 pgs but with an abrupt page topline of her name as the ending of her Epilogue. Whoever was handling the typesetting goofed here in my opinion. (ie book imprinters at Cavallaro Publishing))

Each of the brief chapters is pleasantly prefaced with a quotation giving the reader the main idea as to the flavor of her personal anecdotes. The biggest chapter is left towards the end of this text with the account of the Hell House coming in at Eleven 1/2 pages. 

Much as what was cited by another book reviewer (ie shutterbug0508) on the Amazon product book page. Only about a little over a third of this autobiographical text of Shirley's Lifelong adventures consists of deceased spirits in a hospital setting. This, however, doesn't discount the qualitative accounts that Shirley reminiscences all throughout. Providing snippets into a psychic-medium with a charming North Carolinian twang (remember I've met her) with about 50 yrs of experience in the field. 

Having the honor of hearing these accounts in person over a year's time over at the Spirit University here in Sarasota, FL. The book goes into further details she never mentioned in her reflections. When teaching on various psychic-mediumship topics from late 2018 to late 2019 when I attended. Many other accounts I wasn't privy to also appeared in this book especially the terrible spooky accounts at the rear of the text under Chapter 11. 

Having said all this there's a couple of accounts I know she hasn't stated which I hope the 2nd volume of her autobiography is considered? The seven-page Chapter 8 of her Italian trip to Stresa, Italy the 2nd half of that chapter occurred here in Sarasota where she taught her psychic practice circle on Tuesday nights at The Spirit University. Which happened most recently as in October of last year knowing one of the helping Jewish ladies cited as Devin as a kind friend of mine. 

To make this an impartial book review like I cited at the beginning of this article. I only found about 4 or so minor typos on my initial reading of the text. (pokes Joe) Also, the price point of the paperback is fine at $16.99 US, however, the Amazon Kindle price of $9.99 US looks steep in my opinion. (unless that price point was set by the book publisher out of Shirley's control?) 

With all these fidgeting minor details I still give this book a 5 out of 5 ratings. Since the veracity of her personal experiences as a psychic-medium is a credible top-notch in my book. (Pardon the pun, lol!) Noting I'm an angelic psychic channeler myself with over 25 years of experience in Inspirational automatic writing as to my background. I know authentic quality via my empath Intuitive skill set and this text of "Adventures of a Psychic Nurse: Spirits Everywhere!" is beautifully it. I devoured the book in a week and a half's time since it was a comfortable captivating read all throughout!


 

Ivan "Atrayo" Pozo-Illas, has devoted 25 years of his life to the pursuit of clairvoyant Inspired automatic writing channeling the Angelic host. Ivan is the author of the spiritual wisdom series of "Jewels of Truth" consisting of 3 volumes published to date. He also channels conceptual designs that are multi-faceted for the next society to come that are solutions based as a form of dharmic service. Numerous examples of his work are available at "Atrayo's Oracle" blog site of 15 years plus online. Your welcome to visit his website "Jewelsoftruth.us" for further information or to contact Atrayo directly. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your remarks.